PAU home scientists win J N Bose Memorial Award
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A team of home scientists — Dr Priyanka Prasad, Dr Kiran Grover and Dr Jaswinder K Sangha of the Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) — has bagged 'J N Bose Memorial Award' in the field of community nutrition. The award was conferred on the home scientists for their research project called "Obesity and its Associated Risk Factors among Post-menopausal Women". The award was presented during the Golden Jubilee Conference of Indian Dietetic Association, held at National Institute of Nutrition (ICMR), Hyderabad, on December 1. Two PhD scholars — Neetu and Monika Chaudhary — also won the Best Poster Award during the conference.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow