PAU Kisan Club lauds Badalís initiative
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The PAU Kisan Club has lauded Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for giving the nod to the Contract Farming Act to ensure better remunerative prices for farmers.
This Act would ensure returns on crops under the Sale Agreement Act with the processing industry, said P P S Pangli, the president of the club at its monthly training camp.
Experts delivered lectures on rodent control, vegetable seed production, and cultivation of winter vegetables. The women's wing of the club provided training to women in kitchen gardening, and preparation of rasgula and nutritious poha, said Dr Rupinder Kaur Toor, incharge of the women's wing.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet