Pawan Bansal dedicates Dhanas community centre to public
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Water Resources Pawan Kumar Bansal dedicated a community centre in Dhanas to the public. This is the 38 th community centre developed by the Municipal Corporation.
The community centre, spread over an area of 1.12 acre, was constructed at a cost of Rs 1.13 crore. The ground floor consists of a multi purpose hall, councillor room, sampark centre and kitchen. The community centre will be equipped with a gymnasium and a meeting room.
Bansal announced Rs 5 lakh for the set up of a library in the community centre. He said that the Municipal Corporation should start the collection of construction waste from the houses in sectors and villages and for that, the MC can charge some nominal fee. He said that one JCB machine and two tippers will be provided from the MPLAD fund for this purpose.
He requested the area residents to take responsibility for the upkeep of the community centre and to keep it clean.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet