Pawan Bansal felicitated by UT
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Union Minister for Railways Pawan Kumar Bansal on Saturday gave assurance that the facilities at Chandigarh Railway Station will be upgraded.
As many as four escalators will be installed. Connectivity of the city will be increased. Also, he said, Unchahar Express will ply throughout the year, and not be stalled for two months as is done every year.
He was speaking at a function organized to felicitate him at Tagore Theatre. Around 100 organizations in the city, including residents' welfare associations, social, religious and sports organizations, etc gathered to honour him for taking over as the Railways Minister. A cultural programme was presented by school students.
Bansal assured the gathering that he would expedite the projects that are in the pipeline. Some organizations gave a list of demands to Bansal that included new rail links, increased connectivity and upgradation of the station.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held