Pawar, Patel to campaign for NCP on Dec 10
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Top leaders of NCP, which is contesting a dozen Assembly seats in Gujarat, will hit the campaign trail on December 10.
"Our national leaders like Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, Tariq Anwar and others shall be in Gujarat on December 10 to campaign for the election," state NCP spokesperson Jagdish Chandra Dafna said.
The party, which has poll alliance with Congress in some of the seats, said it was contesting the election, to be held on December 13 and 17, to oust the BJP from power.
"We have an alliance with Congress as the objective is to oust BJP. But, the alliance is only for five seats and on seven others, the party has fielded its own candidates," he said.
"As the process of alliance was taking place in Delhi there were some issues related to Gujarat, which led to discontent amongst the candidates here," Dafna said, adding "that's why we decided to go solo on certain seats".
The party also released a 10-point "chargesheet" against the BJP-ruled state government, which it claimed is a compilation of key issues raised by NGOs and people from various sections of the society.
NCP has fielded the son of "Godmother" Santokben Jadeja from Kutiyana Assembly constituency in Porbandar district.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations