Pawar, Patel to campaign for NCP on Dec 10
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Top leaders of NCP, which is contesting a dozen Assembly seats in Gujarat, will hit the campaign trail on December 10.
"Our national leaders like Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, Tariq Anwar and others shall be in Gujarat on December 10 to campaign for the election," state NCP spokesperson Jagdish Chandra Dafna said.
The party, which has poll alliance with Congress in some of the seats, said it was contesting the election, to be held on December 13 and 17, to oust the BJP from power.
"We have an alliance with Congress as the objective is to oust BJP. But, the alliance is only for five seats and on seven others, the party has fielded its own candidates," he said.
"As the process of alliance was taking place in Delhi there were some issues related to Gujarat, which led to discontent amongst the candidates here," Dafna said, adding "that's why we decided to go solo on certain seats".
The party also released a 10-point "chargesheet" against the BJP-ruled state government, which it claimed is a compilation of key issues raised by NGOs and people from various sections of the society.
NCP has fielded the son of "Godmother" Santokben Jadeja from Kutiyana Assembly constituency in Porbandar district.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’