Pawars were in the loop about irrigation white paper: Chavan
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Monday said the decision to issue a white paper on the state irrigation department's projects was taken after consultations with NCP president Sharad Pawar, Union Minister Praful Patel and also Ajit Pawar.
"A discussion was held with Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel and Ajit Pawar on what is to be done in the matter," Chavan said, when asked on his former deputy Ajit Pawar's reported statement that why only irrigation department was being singled out, since other ministries too were involved in implementation of the projects.
"It will not be proper to make a public comment on the issue," he added.
Chavan also refused to comment on Ajit Pawar's statement that the allegations against him were aimed at diverting attention from the "coalgate" scam.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM