Disney-UTV signs Priyanka Chopra for Hollywood animation film Planes
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Post making a name for herself in the Indian film industry, Priyanka Chopra is capturing the world of music with her latest album. Now we hear that the actress-turned-singer has been roped in by Disney - UTV for their next Hollywood animation film Planes.
The film, Planes which is being directed by Klay Hall, the director of The Simpsons, will feature the actress lending her voice to a lovable aircraft called Ishani. Cast opposite Dane Cook who will be the voice behind Dusty Crophopper.
Apparently, the makers of Planes were searching for an Indian voice to do justice to the Asian character of Ishani, when Klay's office got in touch with Siddharth Roy Kapoor, who in turn recommended Priyanka.
While the film itself is slated for release later this year, Priyanka will be dubbing for the original English version of the film, while a decision on the Hindi version is yet to be taken
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations