PCB retains Misbah and Hafeez as Test, ODI and T20 captain
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Pakistan Cricket Board has no immediate plans to make any changes in the national team management and Misbah-ul-Haq and Mohammad Hafeez will continue as captains of the Test, ODI and T20 teams respectively.
A senior official of the board said PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was satisfied with the work done by Hafeez as the national T20 captain and also had reposed confidence in Misbah as captain of the Test and ODI teams.
"They are no plans to make any changes in the team management and the same set up will continue for the tours to India and South Africa starting from December," the official said.
"The Chairman had long discussions with Hafeez and coach Dav Whatmore and he feels that while Hafeez did a good job gelling the team there is no reason to immediately search for a new captain for the test and ODI teams," the official said.
Misbah, 38, is having a lean time in the ongoing Presidents Trophy first class tournament, but said he was confident runs were just around the corner.
Misbah bagged a pair in his first match of the season for Sui Gas and has managed a mediocre tally of 102 runs at an average of 17 for SNGPL.
But the senior batsman told PTI, he was not alarmed or concerned with his lack of form.
"It happens and I can sense the runs are around the corner already in the last match I stayed at the crease for a while and the confidence is returning," he said.
The right hander said he was working hard and wanted to be in prime form before the tours to India and South Africa.
"I am sure the runs will come when the tournament starts after Eid break as lot of matches remain in the season."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow