PCMC chief scotches rumours of transfer
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Dr Shrikar Pardeshi has refuted the rumours of his transfer that have been floating in the civic corridors. "No, I have not been transferred..." Pardeshi said, when his reaction was sought. This is the second time such rumours have been found doing the rounds. Earlier, when Pardeshi was about to go on a 52-day leave, the rumours had emerged that he won't return to PCMC and his transfer was imminent. Officials said the reason for the rumours was obvious. "He has taken strong actions whether against illegal constructions or making changes in the administration...some people have been affected, so they are spreading such rumours," said an official.
Babu Nair elected NFIFW chief
At the elections of National Federation of Insurance Field Workers of India (NFIFW) held recently, former PCMC corporator Babu Nair was elected president of the body. While Dilip Pansare was elected general secretary, Yeshwant Shinde will be the vice-president, Devendra Patil and Suryakant Gundal joint secretaries, Ganpat Chavan treasurer, Sanjay Chavan resident secretary, and Tushar Deshpande and Sunil Hase district coordinators. The NFIFWI, Pune Division-1, had organised a biennial meeting at Manchar recently where all development officers of the division participated. During the two-day deliberations, various issues pertaining to the insurance industry, agency norms, policy holders and development officers' interest were deliberated at length. The House unanimously decided to oppose the FDI in insurance industry, the minimum business guarantee for agents, promotion of direct marketing like CLIA and SBA.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations