PDP demands Guru's body should be handed back to family for burial
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
J-K's main opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has demanded that the body of Afzal Guru should be handed back to the family so that he can be buried at his home village.
"We had hoped that he would be given clemency by the president," PDP Chief Spokesman Naeem Akhtar said. "We demand that his body should be handed over to his family".
Akhtar said that he doesn't agree with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah's statement that the state government has no role in the execution of Afzal Guru.
"Whatever are the repercussions of this hanging, he (Chief Minister) would be equally responsible for that," he said. "He is not just the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir but also partner of UPA".
The PDP Chief spokesperson has appealed people to exercise restraint. "We appeal people to be patient," he said. "They should remain away from the things that resulted in 120 deaths in 2010".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet