PDS shop owner, 2 others held for murder
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Ahmedabad:The Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) on Friday arrested three persons in connection with the murder of a former PDS shop worker in Rakhial. Police said the mastermind, Sirajkhan Hamidkhan Pathan who owned the shop, had earlier filed the complaint of murder, claiming he had witnessed the killing.
Jt Commissioner of Police A K Sharma said, "Siraj wanted to take revenge from Ashrafkhan Pathan who had spread rumours about his wife that she was having an extramarital affair. He was also facing the wrath of the poor families who used abuse him for duping them. He plotted the murder and then filed a complaint to shift police's attention from him."
Siraj allegedly killed Ashraf with the help of two friends, who have also been arrested, police said, adding that further investigation was on.
IIT-Gn Board of Governors gets new chief
Ahmedabad:Baldev Raj, former director of the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research at Kalpakkam, has been nominated by the President as the new chairman of IIT-Gandhinagar's 11-member Board of Governors. Raj, who served the Department of Atomic Energy for over 40 years, succeeds R A Mashelkar. He is among the five new board members.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow