Pending rehab proposal needs to be implemented soon: Gaikwad
The state had registered over 46,000 cases of crime against women as disclosed in the state legislature on Tuesday. The National Crime Records Bureau statistics put Maharashtra stood at sixth position in crime against women. According to statistics, the state had lodged 46,153 cases of crime against women from 2009 to 2011.
State Home Minister R R Patil had said the state had been taking several measures to prevent crimes against women, including setting up of helplines and appointing a committee headed by retired Justice C S Dharmadhikari.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow