Penelope Cruz to play Gucci murderess?
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Actress Penelope Cruz is reportedly in talks to play tragic Gucci heir Maurizio Gucci's murderous ex-wife in a new film to be directed by master moviemaker Ridley Scott's daughter.
The 38-year-old Spanish beauty, who is currently shooting "The Counselor" with Ridley, is slated to portray Patrizia Reggiani in Jordan Scott's "Gucci", reported Daily Express.
Reggiani was jailed in 1998 for hiring a hitman to kill her husband four years after the couple officially divorced. She became known as the Black Widow throughout her trial.
Her daughters urged lawmakers in Milan, Italy to overturn their mother's conviction on the grounds a brain tumour had altered her personality. The conviction was upheld but Reggiani's sentence was reduced to 26 years.
Last year she was offered a chance at parole, but refused stating, "I've never worked in my life and I'm certainly not going to start now."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'