Penelope Cruz's sister Monica pregnant by sperm donor
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Penelope Cruz's younger sister Monica is pregnant with her first child via artificial insemination.
The Agent Provocateur model, 35, announced the news in a post titled "My Life's Dream" earlier this month on her blog for Spanish newspaper El Pais, reported Us magazine.
"I'm going to be a mother! I have managed to fulfill the dream of a lifetime. Because of that, I want to share with all of you this special journey and be able to tell you about all of my experiences during this fascinating time," Monica wrote.
Cruz then went on to say that although she would have preferred to wait for the man of her dreams before having a baby, she couldn't ignore her ticking biological clock.
"A 40-year-old woman is very young and she feels very young, but the maternity thing goes another way. It is measured with another clock that unfortunately we do not control," she explained.
"I've become very informed on the subject. It turns out that after 37 the possibilities of becoming pregnant decrease at an alarming rate."
Hence, Monica opted to take matters into her own hands. Though she initially hid out to avoid having to deal with speculation about the pregnancy, she's ready now to tell all.
"I've decided to talk about it: I have resorted to artificial insemination in order to get pregnant. I also wanted to talk about it because it is an opportunity to show my gratitude to all those anonymous donors that help a lot of women, like me, fulfill their lifetime dream."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet