Percept denies stalling release of ‘8x10 Tasveer’
Percept Picture Company (PPC), producers of Akshay Kumar starrer '8x10 Tasveer' have denied reports that the film's release on April 3 may be stalled after the company defaulted in payment of Rs 6.67 crore to T-series which holds its music rights.
Cheques of Rs 6.67 crore given by PPC to T-series bounced giving rise to rumours that the film may not release on the stipulated date.
However, PPC CEO Navin Shah, while admitting that the cheques had bounced said it happened due to misunderstanding from the bank's side. "Our music partners T-series overreacted to the incident. A demand draft has already been given to them and there is no problem. The film will be released on schedule," he said.
'8x10 Tasveer' is directed by Nagesh Kukunoor and stars Ayesha Takia and Sharmila Tagore apart from Akshay. The ban on release on films in multiplexes was deferred by the producers and distributors to April 4 to enable the smooth release of the film.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow