Petition against Ram Jethmalani for hurting religious sentiments
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A petition was filed in the court of the first class judicial magistrate Alok Pratap Singh against noted lawyer and BJP member of Rajya Sabha Ram Jethmalani for his remarks about Lord Rama.
The petition filed by 24-year-old Sanjay Gadkar charged Jethmalani with hurting the religious sentiments of the people by his words about Lord Rama.
Gadkar's lawyer Vipin Singh Rathore said the court has fixed December 10 for recording the statement of the petitioner.
Jethmalani had recently described Rama as a "bad husband".
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held