Petrol pump owner’s son held for murder
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The son of a petrol pump owner, Vijay Kumar Kushwaha, has been arrested by the Allahabad police for allegedly being involved in the murder of a 30-year-old man on Saturday.
According to the police, Vijay, a resident of Chhota Baghara and employed with a private firm, was talking to his friends outside Prayag railway station late on Saturday night when a White Scorpio brushed past him. This led to an argument between Vijay and the occupant of the front left seat of the car, Yasharth Shukla, son of Pradeep Shukla, a resident of P K Banerjee Road. His friend, identified as Monu Singh, was on the driver's seat. As the argument heated up, Yasharth got down from the vehicle, while Monu opened fire with a country-made revolver on Vijay, who sustained three gunshot injuries. He was rushed to Swaroop Rani Nehru Hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
The police teams swung into action and arrested Yasharth on Sunday. The white Scoprio, belonging to Pradeep Shukla, has also been seized. The accused has allegedly confessed to the entire incident.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM