PF account statements now just a click away
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Over 50 million provident fund subscribers can now access their account statements online as EPFO today launched its e-Passbook service.
Active subscribers whose electronic challan-cum-return is already uploaded, can download their e-Passbook every month under the service launched by the EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner R C Mishra today.
The facility shall be available on www.epfindia.gov.in.
Holders of inoperative accounts (accounts where there is no contribution in the preceding 36 months), however, cannot access this facility.
Also, the online downloading of PF account statement is not available as of now for members of PF trusts which are set up employers to manage their employees' retirement benefit.
A senior EPFO official told that the exempted PF trusts, which are regulated by the body, would also be asked to provide this service to their members.
For members who are not active (left service) and have not settled their accounts, a e-passbook is available on special requests.
Members of Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can register themselves on portal by using his or her photo identification number, such as PAN, Aadhaar, National Population Registry, driving licence, passport, voter ID, ration card.
They can use their mobile phone numbers as passwords.
Members can add multiple ID (identification) numbers after registration and can use any one for logging into their accounts.
Once registered, a member can download the passbook by entering his or her account number.
If available, the passbook will appear for download.
The e-Passbook shall contain transaction-wise details of account (all credits and debits) since the month for which the details for the establishment have been processed in new application software at the field offices.
Under the e-Passbook service, only one registration will be allowed against one mobile number, and a member can download the passbook for only one account number under one establishment.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'