PFC look to make it an all-four sweep
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Pune FC (PFC) will be hoping to bounce back from a disappointing 2-2 draw against Mohun Bagan at home last week as they take on Salgaocar FC at Nehru Stadium in Fatorda, Goa. This venue has been a happy hunting ground for Pune FC with three wins out of three games against Salgaocar FC in Goa.
With the Goans currently going though an agonising transition process, the game also gives Pune FC a chance to complete a hat-trick of away wins. Likewise, Pune FC will be seeking revenge for the Federation Cup loss against Salgaocar FC which quashed their hopes of a semi-final appearance.
Pune FC Coach Derrick Pereira said, "Salgaocar, as I see, is going through a lot of changes presently. However, their midfield is good as always and defence is robust."
Salgaocar, this season, had Karim Bencherifa resign soon after the first two league games. Since then, the hosts have picked up only four points from the two games under Assistant Coach Peter Vales. But after Englishman David Booth took charge, the Goan side have only collected a solitary point.
While the change has had telling effects on Salgaocar's performance, Pune FC need to also be wary of a possible backlash from the former League and Federation Cup champions, who will be eager to move away from the relegation zone with a win.
Derrick Perreira is hoping that his players dish out a similar performance as from the Bagan game. "With the right attitude I don't see any reason why we cannot gain maximum points from this game."
Salgaocar's woes add up on all fronts with their attack being a major concern. So far, with just 7 goals to boast, the Goans tag themselves with 'least among all I-League teams'. In fact, their top-scorers, the foreign duo of Angel Guirado and Sean Rooney, both with 2 goals apiece, will not be featuring. Angel is away on national duty with Philippines, while Australian Rooney has been released.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held