PGI nursing body to join nationwide protest on February 20
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
A general body meeting of PGI Nurses Welfare Association was held at Nivedita Hostel in PGI campus Thursday, which was presided over by the president of the association, Lakhvinder Singh, decided to participate in ensuing agitation on February 20-21. The members of the association will wear black badges while on work on February 20 and will participate in the rally being organised by All India Center Of Trade Unions at Sector 25 Rally Ground, Chandigarh.
Trade union federations have called for agitation throughout India to protest against Foreign Direct Investment. The association is also demanding the constitution of the seventh pay commission.
The PGI Nurses Welfare Association along with the Nurses Union of AIIMS, New Delhi will organise a protest rally at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on February 27 to press its demands of changing the nomenclature of nurses from Sister Grade 1 and Sister Grade 2 to Senior Nursing Officer and Nursing Officer. The demand has come about as more males are now joining the nursing profession and as such calling them sister is improper. The rally is also being organised to get their demand of allowing them vacations and non-practice allowance on the pattern of doctors. They are also demanding higher pay scale for the merged cadre of ANS and DNS from Rs 5,400 to Rs 6,600.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow