PGI resident docs warn of strike today
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The standoff between resident doctors and operation theatre (OT) technicians at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) continued for the second day today, with the two sides failing to reach a consensus. The Association of Resident Doctors (ARD) has threatened that if their demands are not met by tomorrow, they will proceed on strike.
According to sources, a meeting was convened today by the head of the department of anesthesia, wherein the resident doctors of the department demanded a written apology from the OT technician Gurpreet, who they allege assaulted Dr Ajay Mishra on Thursday and locked him in the bathroom. The doctors are also demanding that the OT technician be suspended.
According to sources, the doctors fave said that if they did not get a written apology, they would be left with no option but to go on a stir. On the contrary, OT Technician Gurpreet is pleading innocence and has also given a complaint to the police stating that he is being threatened by the brother of Dr Ajay Mishra.
OT technicians' association president Jagjit said, "We want this matter to be solved amicably. However, if we feel that injustice is being done to our colleague, we will not shirk from taking the step of going on strike." PGI Spokesperson Manju Wadwalkar said, "Action will be taken after the committee submits its report. However, disciplinary action will be taken against those who would violate any rules."
The PGI administration has constituted a committee under Dr Y K Batra, professor of the department of anesthesia. The committee will submit its report by Monday. On Thursday the ARD had got a DDR lodged against an OT technician stating that he has assaulted Dr Ajay Mishra and locked him in the washroom at around 9:30 am.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet