PGI resident doctors elect new panel
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president
The election for new ARD (association of resident doctors) of PGIMER, Chandigarh was held and a record number of votes were polled. More than 70 per cent of the residents came up to cast their votes and elect the new ARD panel.
Dr Shiv Lal Soni, senior resident, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, has been elected as the president of the new ARD.
"Apart from improving the existing hostel and mess facilities, we will try to create facilities for entertainment and extra curricular activities for the residents," he said, after being elected.
Dr Shiba Kalyan, senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine, is the new general secretary of the association. Some of the other members of the panel are Vice President Dr Paramvir Singh, a senior resident of the Department of General Surgery, and Treasurer Dr Ajay Kumar, a senior resident of the Department of Anaesthesia.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM