PGI to offer facilities for latest radiation techniques
Soon PGIMER will be the first public sector hospital in the region to offer facilities for all the latest techniques of radiation for treatment of different cancers, which include Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Volumetric Arc Therapy (VMAT), 4-D Adaptive Radiation Therapy (4-D ART) and Stereotactic Body Radiation (SBRT).
This facility is being created in PGIMER at a cost of Rs 25 crore approximately and it will be operational by the end of 2013.
This facility will be a boon to the cancer patients of the region as the facility will be available near home and at a reasonably cheaper cost.
The foundation stone of the Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) Complex was laid on Tuesday by Prof Y K Chawla, Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh. The Image Guided Radiation Therapy complex will house a High Energy Linear Accelerator and a CT Simulator along with other accessories.
The High Energy Linear Accelerator to be installed in the Department of Radiotherapy, will have facilities for doing all the latest techniques of radiation for the treatment of different cancers.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow