Piped gas colonies can opt for individual connections
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Each piped gas colony will get 6 subsidised cylinders
With only six subsidised domestic gas cylinders a year, housing societies with piped gas connections — considered as a single connection for the whole colony — would be badly hit. With only three subsidised cylinders left for the remaining part of the fiscal, distributors have agreed to give households in housing societies with piped gas connection the option of renewing their earlier individual connections, if they have not surrendered them, or opting for new independent connections.
If they get individual connections, they would have to surrender their piped gas connection.
District Collector Vikas Deshmukh who had convened a meeting with oil companies and distributors said that during discussions distributors said that if a flat owner wants to surrender the piped gas connection and renew old individual connection or go in for a new connection, it would be permitted.
"With many complaints registered by housing societies which as a whole will be able to get only six subsidised cylinders, this is the option distributors have given,'' said Deshmukh post the meeting.
He also cleared doubts about the one-family-one-connection rule stating that if a joint family had two kitchens, they would be allowed two gas connections.
"Under the weekend homes concept, many have one house in Mumbai and another in Pune. They will be permitted two gas connections,'' said the collector, who has told petroleum companies to activate helplines to aid people and clear their doubts.
He said that the present rates were inclusive of commission and delivery charges. He said that the list of BPL connections that are likely to get three extra subsidised cylinders will have to be verified. He also warned all those having two connections from two different companies to surrender one of them by October 31.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’