Piramal Enterprises arm acquires UK-based Abacus International
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Hamid Karzai to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Diversified group Piramal Enterprises's subsidiary Decision Resources Group has acquired UK-based integrated market access service provider Abacus International for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition will result in a significant global expansion of Decision Resources Group's market access capabilities, Piramal Enterprises today said in a statement.
"Abacus in an important acquisition in Decision Resources Group's (DRG) overall strategy to expand our market access capabilities and offer our clients the most innovative, high-value advisory solutions," DRG CEO Peter Hoengsberg said, adding it would boost the company's position in Europe as in important resource for healthcare firms worldwide.
Abacus will be a part of the market access business unit at Decision Resources Group (DRG) which currently includes the brands, Fingertip Formulary, HealthLeader-InterStudy, PharmaStrat and Pinsonault, the company said.
Commenting on the acquisition, DRG President – Market Access Business Unit Jim Lang said: "Besides expanding our global market access services and products, the acquisition also allows us to now offer market access capabilities for the medical device and industry-leading mobile communication tools."
Abacus International CEO Simon Howard said the deal would help the firm in becoming a fully integrated global market access solutions provider.
The company will continue to be headquartered in Bicester, England, the statement added.
In May this year, Piramal Enterprise had announced acquisition of US-based firm Decision Resources Group for a consideration of nearly USD 635 million (Rs 3,400 crore) to boost research and development.
Scrips of Piramal Enterprises were trading at Rs 494 per share during the afternoon trade, up 0.28 per cent from the previous close on the BSE.
Stocks More on Piramal Enterprises
Company INFO More on Piramal Enterprises
PE arm of Piramal Enterprises announces exits worth Rs 440 cr
Mumbai, Dec 4 (PTI) Private equity arm of Piramal Enterprises, Indiareit Fund Advisors, today said it exited from three funds and a third-party mandate worth Rs 440 crore.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet