Pistorius case: Now, Indian-origin magistrate's cousin involved in murder
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In another twist in the Oscar Pistorius murder trial, it has been revealed that the Indian-origin magistrate in the case, Desmond Nair's cousin is suspected of killing herself and her two sons on Sunday, just days after shock revelations emerged about Bladerunner's brother Carl and the investigating officer Hilton Botha.
Nair, who is presiding over the Paralympian's murder case, revealed he is related to a woman suspected of killing her two children and herself last weekend, the Daily Mirror reports.
44-year old Anusha Mooljee's ex-husband recovered her dead body along with the dead bodies of sons Ashiel, 17, and Ashveer, 12, in Johannesburg by her ex-husband on Sunday.
The woman is believed to have poisoned her children then herself, and magistrate said he could confirm the deceased is his first cousin Nair became the latest prominent figure linked to the case to find his own life in the media spotlight. Last week, investigating officer Hilton Botha was sensationally dropped from the case after it emerged he is facing seven counts of attempted murder, the paper reported.
Botha is due to appear in court in May with two other police officers after allegedly firing shots while trying to stop a mini-van in an incident in October 2011.
The case took yet another twist on Sunday when it was revealed that the athlete's brother is also facing charges over the death of a woman.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide after a female motorcyclist died after colliding with his car in Vanderbijlpark, south of Johannesburg, in 2010, the paper reported.
According to South African media, the trial was due to start last Thursday but has been delayed by a month. Gold medallist Oscar Pistorius faces trial in June charged with the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, who was shot dead at his home on Valentine's Day.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow