Plasto exhibition from today
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Plasto 2012, the 6th International Plasto Exhibition and Seminar, will be held from December 20-23 at the Auto Cluster Exhibition Centre, Chinchwad. Pimpri Mayor Mohini Lande will preside over the inauguration ceremony on December 20. Bipin Shaha will inaugurate the exhibition. Ashutosh Gor, president AIPMA; Arvind Mehta, executive director of CIPAD; and Shashikant Bugde, chairman, Cosmos Bank, will be present on the occasion. Plasto 2012 will showcase newer products, materials, machinery and technology in plastic industry. Also, to promote the correct use of plastics and remove misconceptions on the use of plastics is one of the main themes of the exhibition that will highlight how "recycling, reducing littering, using newer plastic materials and greener plastics can help preserve planet earth and conserve natural resources", said a statement.
DSK Energy awards given away
The DSK Energy Awards for the year 2012 were presented recently. Prof D S Gandhe won the award for his outstanding contribution in energy sector in the individual category. Kirloskar Pneumatic Co Ltd, Hadapsar, won in the corporate category for its contribution in the energy sector and energy conservation. In the product category, Chandrakant Pathak won the award. D N Modak, Chief Engineer Electrical Hydro Projects, GOM, won for his contribution in the renewable energy category, and H N Bhat won for his contribution in the energy and environment sector. Speaking on the occasion, D S Kulkarni, CMD, DSK Group, said, "Energy conservation and environment protection is the need of the hour. It is inspiring and motivating to see how engineers work relentlessly to conserve these natural resources. To show gratitude towards such exemplary work, DSK Energy Award has been instituted." Also present on the occasion were chairman of the Institute of Engineers, Pune Local Centre, Dr D J Doke and convener, M A Toke. Anil Kelkar compered the show and Toke proposed a vote of thanks.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet