'Player of the year' Rory McIlroy hails girlfriend as inspiration
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Rory McIlroy couldn't stop gushing about his girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki, after he won the PGA Tour Player of the Year award on Tuesday.
"Seeing how hard she works and how hard she practises and how dedicated she is, it definitely flipped a switch with me that I could be a little more like that," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"She's definitely been a great influence on me. I've always felt like I've been dedicated to the game and I've practised hard and I've worked at it.
"But I guess over the past 18 months, especially after winning the US Open, I sort of felt like I went to the next stage of my career," he added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet