Players with disability rue Punjab’s discriminatory attitude in giving awards
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Director, Sports, Punjab and former Indian hockey team captain Pargat Singh, who is himself an Olympian, said that earlier power lifting was not under the list of games recognised for promotion but added that the new sports policy formulated in 2010 has powerlifting in it.
He also said that sometimes players also do not inform the sports department well in time, which leads to their missing chances of getting the awards.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations