PM and Sonia meet Pranab, Rahul may call on him today
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi met President Pranab Mukherjee for an hour and 40 minutes respectively Tuesday, triggering speculation of a cabinet reshuffle as early as by Friday.
President Mukherjee leaves for his ancestral home in West Bengal for Durga Puja on Saturday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the meetings on Tuesday. Rahul Gandhi was scheduled to meet the President on Wednesday, but there was indication on whether he would assume the "larger role" that his party colleagues want him to.
Congress sources said the reshuffle, should it happen, could be limited to the party. There was speculation that some young faces considered close to Rahul, like Manicka Tagore and Meenakshi Natarajan, could be inducted into the council of ministers.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow