PM candidate debate can weaken NDA: JD-U to Advani
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
JD-U leader Harikishore Singh's recent meeting with L K Advani, where he reportedly conveyed that "JD-U has no problem with BJP declaring NDA PM candidate post-poll", is being seen as an indication of change in the stand taken by Nitish Kumar's party.
Nitish had earlier urged the BJP to announce its PM nominee before the polls with a rider that the candidate must have a "clean and secular image". Singh, a former Union minister, said, "Unnecessary discussion over NDA PM candidate can weaken and divide NDA and bolster chances of otherwise weakened UPA in Lok Sabha polls. I met Advaniji and requested him to avoid such a situation." Asked in what capacity he is making such a statement, Singh said, "I am a senior JD-U leader."
Singh is said to enjoy Nitish's confidence. Last month, he had said Nitish was the best bet for the PM candidate.
No top JD-U leader has gone on record with its stand on the PM candidate. Sources said that though Nitish spoke to Singh regarding his "controversial statements" being aired on news channels, the party has not disowned it.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held