PM right person to speak on FDI, says WB guv
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan on Wednesday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is the right person to speak on the issue of FDI in retail as he is an economist.
"The Prime Minister is looking after it. He is the right person to speak on the issue. He is an economist," Narayanan replied to a question after alighting from a train at New Jalpaiguri station on his way to Darjeeling.
To another question, he said the Mamata Banerjee government was doing well in tackling the Maoist problem in the state.
The governor would be holidaying in Darjeeling for a week.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held