PMC awards Rs 12,000 to 20 auto drivers
The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) awarded Rs 12,000 to 20 autorickshaw drivers on Tuesday who converted their petrol and diesel engine vehicles to CNG. The PMC has been promoting the use of CNG for autorickshaws as it is environment-friendly and helps check pollution. "As part of its yearly scheme, the PMC has made the provision available to 10,000 autorickshaws. So far, only 6,000 applications have been received and 500 autorickshaw drivers have availed of the benefit," said additional municipal commissioner Naresh Zurmure.
Mayor Vaishali Bankar said the pollution issue can be addressed if environment friendly fuel is used in vehicles.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow