PMC plans wax museum styled on Madame Tussauds
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The proposal by corporators seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens
The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) administration has given a positive response to corporators' proposal for a wax museum on the lines of Madame Tussauds at the Mahatma Phule Museum in Shivajinagar. The proposal seeks to recreate scenes of the freedom struggle using wax statues of freedom fighters to inspire citizens.
"The civic body will have to take the opinion of experts and appoint a consultant for building such a museum. Since the Mahatma Phule Museum comes under the purview of the state government, it will be necessary to get their permission and suggestions," officials said.
The civic administration said that it is possible to come up with such a museum.
"There have been many incidents and movements from 1857 to 1947 that can be highlighted to spread awareness about the freedom struggle among the new generation. Students from all over the world come to the city for higher education and such a museum would help them gain more knowledge about our freedom struggle. This will also help the city get worldwide recognition," officials added.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM