PMC seeks standing committee nod for its Metro stretch
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Thus, the PMC and PCMC will pay 10 per cent of the project cost for routes in their respective areas. The total expenditure for Pimpri-Chinchwad to Swargate route was estimated to be Rs 4,000 crore in 2009 and if the work starts in 2014, it is likely to reach Rs 7,000 crore.
The PMC will, however, have to shell out a lot more money for the underground route, which is estimated to be three times costlier than the elevated route.
The underground route has been proposed from Shivajinagar to Swargate and would pass through the heart of the city, which is congested and has a high population density.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow