PMO refutes Modiís claim on Sir Creek
He added, "Handing over Sir Creek to Pakistan will endanger our energy security as Kutch, Saurashtra and North Gujarat have vast potential of oil and gas both off shore and onshore." "I am writing to you at this juncture as I was told that a decision is being taken on Sir Creek issue on December 15," he said.
Giving details of the letter at a press conference, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said that due to the election code of conduct, Modi wrote the letter as "a concerned citizen and not as a chief minister". However, she evaded a question on how Modi came to know that the Centre was planning to hand over Sir Creek to Pakistan.
Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram, who was in Ahmedabad, said that "if some one says that the central government is giving Sir Creek away to Pakistan, it is a ridiculous suggestion".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow