Poetry in motion
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Poetry in motion
President Pranab Mukherjee and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar were witness to a unique marketing effort by Nadir Godrej, chairman of Godrej Agrovet, at a conference on agriculture sector Friday. Godrej's speech, running into several pages, was in the form of a poem that enchanted the audience at Vigyan Bhawan. Mukherjee shook hands with Godrej after the speech and many others sought a copy of the speech. Pawar was the one who saw the larger business point as well. Addressing the gathering, he said Godrej's 'poetic speech' was a unique way to promote poultry, dairy and eggs industry.
TWO months into his tenure, CBI chief Ranjit Sinha has started building his own team of officers. Accordingly, several transfers are taking place within the organisation. Javed Ahmad, Joint Director in Lucknow, is being called to Delhi as Joint Director, Policy. Ahmad was handling the NRHM scam and Aarushi murder case. Hemant Priyadarshi, Joint Director in Bhopal, has exchanged places with his colleague Rishi Raj Singh in Mumbai. Nina Singh, an IPS officer of Rajasthan cadre, has joined CBI as Joint Director, Special Task Force, replacing Rajeev Sharma who has been made in charge of Banking Services and Fraud division.
CONFUSION prevailed in the Home Ministry just ahead of the Cabinet meeting Friday evening, with people running around the first floor corridor with papers in their hands. Home Secretary R K Singh had made final corrections in the draft Ordinance that was to be presented before the Cabinet for approval. It so happened that the photocopy machine in the office of the Home Secretary was non-functional since morning and therefore his staff had to run to the rooms of other officials to get the required number of copies for distribution at the Cabinet meeting. Sensing delay, Singh himself dashed to the other rooms a few times to get the job done fast. All this while, Singh's office kept getting calls to rush to the Prime Minister's residence where the ministers were waiting for the meeting to begin. Before Singh could finally leave, with a handful of copies of the draft Ordinance, the Cabinet Secretary had called his office to say that even the Prime Minister had come and sat in the meeting room and that everyone was waiting only for him.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow