Police constable shoots himself
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
A police constable committed suicide here on Tuesday by shooting himself with his service gun at the residential quarters of the district central jail, police said.
The constable, identified as Nagendra Solanki, was deployed at the Rajkot Central jail and the cause behind the suicide was not immediately known, they said.
"After the duty hours, one of the constables today shot himself with his service rifle (SLR) at the residential quarters in prison compound," Gujarat Inspector General Prison P C Thakur said, adding that investigation has been ordered in the case.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held