Police get custody of Sukhi in connection to two murders
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Two months after Sukhwinder Singh, alias Sukhi - a dreaded terrorist of the Khalistan Commando Force presumed dead until 2006, was arrested in Delhi for drug peddling, the Jalandhar police took custody of him on Saturday in connection to two murders committed 26 years ago. Police records had shown that Sukhi was killed in an encounter in 1992, when infact he had turned into a police informer and had even begun his own travel agency.
The recent move by Jalandhar police has put it under a scanner as Sukhwinder's identity has been known since 2006. SHO of police division six Rajinder Sharma said that Sukhi was brought from Delhi on Saturday and handed over to the Jalandhar police. He has since then been sent to judicial custody.
Sharma added that Sukhi was wanted in a murder case of one VK Khurana who was killed in 1986.
He is also wanted by the Jalandhar Rural police in a Nakodar murder case.
After Sukhi's identity was exposed in 2006, the then Punjab police DGP S S Virkhad openly admitted that Sukhi was rehabilitated and also disclosed that there were 300 other such informers.
When arrested, police recovered a US-made bullet-proof jacket, two mobile phones, around 20 credit cards issued in his and his wife's names. Sukhi's travel agency was registered in the name of a police head constable Tarwinder Singh.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held