Police keep day and night vigil, 14 held, 263 challaned
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
In order to contain anti-social elements, police are keeping day as well as night vigil. During this drive on Monday, as many as 14 persons were arrested by the night patrolling team. Out of these, three were held from Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar along with a motorcycle while another culprit was arrested from Shimlapuri who has been identified as Gurvinder Singh. He was living in Punjab Mata Nagar in a rented accommodation, and many cases of cheating and forgery were pending against him.
Police at division number 8 also arrested five persons with criminal record while two others were arrested by division number 5.
Chander Parkash, who hails from Phillaur, was arrested with habit-forming drugs, said Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh.
In addition to this, one abandoned Indica car was also found from Shimlapuri area.
Singh said that the night teams were working extra hard so as to assure people that they were on their job to nab the criminals.
Apart from this, the traffic department also challaned 263 persons for violating traffic rules and a fine of Rs 36,200 was collected on the spot while 48 cars were towed away for wrong parking. A fine of Rs 24,000 was collected from these violators.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held