Police officer Ďtouchesí SP leaderís feet
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Etah SSP Ajay Mohan Sharma was caught on camera bending over to touch the feet of Samajwadi Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav when he visited the town on Wednesday.
The SSP, who was in uniform, was seen bending along with party workers soon after Yadav got down from his car.
When inquired about this, Home Secretary JP Gupta said the officer has denied touching Yadav's feet and clarified that he bent to remove the people touching the SP leader's feet. ADG (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said touching anybody's feet for an officer in uniform is wrong.
Sharma, a 2001-batch IPS officer, was posted as Etah SSP in May last year.
Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP and SP's national spokesperson, had gone to Etah to attend the closing ceremony of an eye-camp organised by Dr Subodh Yadav, son of Rameshwar Yadav, SP MLA from Aliganj constituency.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'