'Police personnel ineligible for festival holidays'
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Andhra Pradesh Home Minister and district in-charge minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said there police personnel will not be eligible to take holidays during festivals.
"They have no festival holiday while performing duties, while those who work in other government departments can available festival holidays," she said.
She said all facilities will be provided in the APSP quarters and steps are being taken to solve drinking water problem in their quarters.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations