Police probe another anti-Mamata Banerjee cartoon in Facebook
A complaint has been filed against a college student for allegedly sharing a caricature of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Facebook, a social networking site.
According to police, the complaint was lodged today with Bidhannagar North police station against Ram Nayan Chowdhury, a student of Bidhannagar Government College, by fellow students.
The caricature reportedly depicts Mamata along with the comment "jawab mangoge to maobadi kahenge. shilpa mangoge to shila dikhaege (If you ask for answers you will be branded a Maoist, and if you want industries you will be shown only plaques)".
"A police complaint has been filed by Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad against Ram Nayan Choudhury for circulating cartoons indicting Chief Minister in it," officer of Bidhan Nagar (north) police station Santanu Kar said. "We are investigating the case," he added.
PTI reported that Chowdhury, a second year student, is an activist of CPM students wing SFI. Chowdhury said the cartoon criticised Banerjee's industry growth agenda and the arrest of a poor farmer after allegedly branding him as Maoist. "It is nothing but a simple cartoon. It was for fun," he added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow