Police quiz former Padra mamlatdar over land deals
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Additional chitnis in the office of the Vadodara district collector and former mamlatdar of Padra taluka, Anshu Srivastav, was on Thursday detained by Vadodara district police in connection with the alleged dubious land deals of city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharambe.
"She has been detained in connection with the police case registered against Bharambe. She is being questioned at a location in Padra," Vadodara district superintendent of police (DSP) Sandeep Singh said.
Police suspect Srivastav had some role to play in land deals of Bharambe when she was posted as mamlatdar.
Collector Vinod Rao had recently annulled Bharambe's status as an agriculturalist that he had acquired through a will. The collector had also ordered confiscation of several plots of land in Jaspur village of Padra in which the builder had stakes.
An FIR was filed against Bharambe last week by deputy mamlatdar of Padra for allegedly encroaching on government land. After the scam was exposed during a departmental inquiry, Srivastav was transferred to her present posting in early 2012.
Sources said she was transferred to Palanpur in Banaskantha on Wednesday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet