Police ready for 26/11 anniversary
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
On the eve of the fourth 26/11 anniversary, police commissioner Satyapal Singh said Sunday his force was on alert and there would be tight security on Monday.
"We are alert each and every day. There would be nakabandis across the city and combing operations in certain areas," he told the media at Press Club.
About the intelligence machinery, Singh said, "The allegations of weak intelligence network are not true. Regular meetings are held at the national and state levels. When we get inputs, we keep a check through nakabandis, searches, combing operations, etc. We have cracked down on SIM card rackets. All ACPs have first response team and additional commissioners quick response teams (QRTs). Then there is Force One, ATS and central QRT, all of which specialise in counter-terror."
"No one is perfect, but we are improving every day. Threat is a dynamic thing, all I can say is we are constantly alert to sense a threat and deal with it," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow