Police solve blind murder case
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Man killed wife & daughter, buried bodies
The Ludhiana police have solved a blind murder wherein they had found the body of a young girl. Daba police station SHO Jatinderjeet Singh informed that the case dates back to May when the police found the body of a 11 or 12 year-old girl in a vacant plot in the Keshav Nagar area.
The cops had lodged an FIR on May 21 and started investigating the case. During the investigation, they found that the deceased girl used to live with her mother and father in the Prem Nagar area and that her parents too were missing.
The police secured arrest warrants of the father who has been identified as Mohan Chaudhry, who originally hails from Madhubani district. Bihar. The cops raided Chaudhry's home village and arrested him.
"On questioning, Chaudhry told us that he suspected his wife's character and that the daughter was not his biological child but that of his wife's first husband. The accused told us that on the intervening night of May 16 and 17, he strangulated and killed his daughter and packed her in a gunny bag. He then loaded the body on his cycle and threw it in a vacant plot," said Jatinderjeet Singh.
Similarly Chaudhry is said to have killed his wife Seema (35) and packed her in a synthetic bag and thrown the body in another vacant plot. The police took the accused to both the plots for verification and recovered a highly decomposed body. While the accused has identified both the bodies, his wife's relatives too have identified her body.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations