Police: US boy charged with killing 2-year-old half-brother
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Lawyers for a 13-year-old boy charged with murdering his 2-year-old half-brother and sexually abusing another young half-sibling will ask a Florida judge to dismiss the case.
The case of Cristian Fernandez is scheduled to be heard before Judge Mallory Cooper on September 28.
Fernandez has been held in a juvenile detention facility since March of 2011, when he was arrested.
Fernandez' mother pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in the 2-year-old's death because she didn't take him to a hospital for two hours after finding him unconscious.
Legal experts say the teen's case is a difficult one; a recent US Supreme Court ruling banning sentences of life without parole for juveniles makes it impossible for them to advise Fernandez since the Florida Legislature has not changed state law. Prosecutors insist they never said they would seek a mandatory life sentence.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held