Political parties condemn twin blasts in Hyderabad
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Political parties collectively condemned the twin bomb blasts that rattled Hyderabad this evening. Talking to PTI, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asserted that those responsible for the 'dastardly' act would not go unpunished. 'This is a dastardly attack and the guilty will not go unpunished,' said the Prime Minister. He further said, "I express my condolences to the family members of those killed in the blasts. This is a condemnable incident. I assure that the government will take appropriate action to provide immediate and adequate relief to those injured in the blast," Singh told PTI.
Condemning the attacks Vice President Hamid Ansari conveyed his condolences to the families of those who lost their lives.
Both PM and Vice President appealed to the people to maintain calm and peace in this difficult hour.
An ex gratia payment of Rs two lakh each to the next of kin of those killed in the blasts and Rs 50,000 each to those seriously injured has been announced from the PM's Relief Fund.
The PM also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi expressed her sorrow and anguish on the blasts in the Andhra capital.
BJP President Rajnath Singh condoled the loss of lives and demanded a thorough probe into the incident.
Helpline numbers: 040-27853408, 040-27854771.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM