Poll result to prove if gun toting will fetch votes: Vitthal Radadia
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Lok Sabha Congress MP Vitthal Radadia, who had brandished a gun at a toll booth in October, said on Monday that election results will prove whether his action will bring him more votes or not.
The MP had brandished his gun at a toll booth attendant on National Highway 8 near Karjan in October, after his driver was asked to produce his MP's identity card to waive toll payment.
Radadia will contest Assembly elections from Rajkot district's Dhoraji constituency.
"Election results will say that if my act will fetch me more votes or not," Radadia told reporters answering a question if his gun-toting ways would scare away voters.
"I had done it in self defence. I am a leader who does not have any security guards with me and I carry a licensed gun for my protection," Radadia said, without showing any remorse for his earlier action.
He also said the BJP will be routed in Saurashtra this time due to its anti-people polices.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet